Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicken soup and biscuits



This was an easy dinner to whip up. Thanks to the fact I had cooked up about 6 chicken breasts a couple of days before this meal.
Chicken soup:
½-¾c. Chicken broth
2-3 c. water
1 pkg. low-sodium chicken boullion
approx. 1 c. cut up cooked chicken
2 stalks of celery, cut up
2 carrots, cut up
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
¾-1c. instant brown rice
Salt and pepper, to taste ( I don't put salt in mine)
Put everything except rice into a lge. pot. Let simmer for approx. 20 mins. Add rice, and let simmer for 10 mins, or until preferred tenderness of rice.

1 comment:

Miss Laura said...

Welcome to blogland Cheryl! Blogs are great way to meet new friends especially people you have things in common with. I have so many fave creative blogs it's hard to keep up with them all but I use Google Reader to help keep track of new posts, I'd be lost with out it. If you haven't used it check it out at http://www.google.com/reader. You left me a comment on my blog but it didn't give me your email to reply so I thought I'd pop by your blog and say Hi. Thanks so much for coming to our show. I've been so busy since then with my garden & creating I'm finally catching up with emails now. We're doing another sale this fall, Sept.10 & 11 here at my studio/home in Coaldale. We'll have some of the vendors from our spring sale as well as Pam & I. Pop by my blog for more details. I'm working on more artwork for the Sept. sale as well as for my online Etsy shop so I'm crazy busy right now but I have been thinking about doing classes in the future. If I decide to put something together I'll post about it on my blog so check back now & then. Is there something specific you'd be interested in, collage or assemblage, painting etc. let me know. Make sure you introduce yourself if you make it to the Sept. sale. I'm great with faces but not great at remembering names :)

Tu-de-lu,
Laura
www.allaboutpretty.blogspot.com